Friday, October 30, 2009

Inventiveness

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. -Thomas Edison


Looking at this topic I would think of it more as creativity. Everyone has some creavtive side to them whether it is in music, sports, the business world etc. We all have something in us that can be considered creative. But, where do we get this? I think it all start in school or the first place you learn things. Unlike places that have the more communist state, we have a country that is more free minded and willing to produce affective and creative ideas.

I learned very early that being creative is good thing to most people. In 4th grade we had a art contest to create a cover page for Iowa Savings Bonds. The most thoughtful and creative was the one who would win. Well my friend and I were the finalists, he represented the state with a field of corn and I went with a little different subject. He won, but that wasnt that big of deal to me. We were recognized by our teacher and faculty for having very creative and quality imaginations. It wasnt just that fact that we had to do this for class. It was that we had free roam to do what we wanted and we did this on our own as only 4th graders. We built something up from nothing and made it something great! I think this is one example from my life that shows that schools show praise for being inventive and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment